Friday 24 December 2010

MAKING OF A DRUNKEN DRUID GETTING SURPRISED BY A REPTILIAN ANGEL THINGY!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS GUYS!

Y'know, nothing says "Christmas" more than a scene featuring a 17th century drunken druid guy, getting surprised by a scary ass reptilian Seraph angel in a dark corridor. And by a STARTLING coincidence I happen to have one here!!!

So here's the making of one of my favourite pages from Book Four of 2000AD's "Defoe: A Murder of Angels", from script to final printed page.

Script by Pat Mills...

My original design for the Seraph Angel...
Rough layout...
Loose pencils...
Finished inks...
Final printed page with lettering by Elle De Ville...
Right, bugger off now and have a fantastic Christmas!!!
(And don't forget to leave out some mince pies for the reptilian angel thingy when he climbs down your chimney...)
L

5 comments:

Emperor said...

Lovely job and a striking page - you are right to pick it as a favourite.

However, I can't go off and enjoy Xmas until I can satisfy my curiosity: What is the "Soul Fly" reference picture? Nothing to do with the band I assume (as they dominate the Google image searches), or is it?

Leigh G said...

Well Emp, you can go and enjoy Christmas NOW, for here is a link to that image....

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.co.uk/release/Dark+Ages


Thanks and have a good one!

Leigh G said...

If it doesn't work, just Google SOULFLY DARK AGES.

SWEATTSHOP said...

Thank you very much for showing the process on this!

Leigh G said...

You're very welcome sir! It's what I'm here for!