Tuesday 8 September 2009

THE GRAVEYARD WRITER!!!

(UPDATE: Unbelievably, when Neil Gaiman himself got wind of this image via the Twitterverse, thanks to Steve Gettis, my blog received around 5000 hits in 24 hours!)

Hey guys,

Steven Gettis has been bugging me for a whole year to contribute a drawing to his very impressive website where he collects artistic interpretations of literary characters and authors.

The sheer amount of top talent that he's recruited is astounding (God knows what dirt he's got on these guys!), and I'm very proud to be asked to join the gang.

Above is the Neil Gaiman drawing I contributed, obviously inspired by his incredible "Graveyard Book". Generally I shy away from doing "likenesses", but hopefully I haven't done that bad a job this time....


Thank Buffy I can finally cross him off my list now....

Right, back to drawing Dredd...
L

13 comments:

Kev Levell said...

Very nice. Very nice indeed. Cool link as well!

Leigh G said...

Cheers Kev! Yeah, you could spend hours going through all the cool stuff on that site.

leecarter said...

hi mate....hows you

just listened to your podcast....
good stuff indeed....we have to catch up when im less busy
hope all is well, looking forward to your Dredd
keep up the excellent work
lee (male proper spelling) sorry ;)

Leigh G said...

Ahh, it's the famous Lee Carter! Thanks matey, I should put up a post about that podcast. I'll email you for a catchup now buddy.

Jim Campbell said...

Superb, Leigh. Recognized Mr G straight off.

Leigh G said...

Really appreciate it Jim! I don't think I'll be taking on any more "likenesses" jobs though--they're always too hit and miss for me. you really wouldn't want to see the picture I was asked to do for my mate's wedding...never again....

Miranda Dickinson said...

Excellent work - congrats!

Rob said...

neil says "how cool" to this :D

http://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/4026507998

Anonymous said...

Neil's hair has never been that straight. Nice drawing though.

Edain said...

Nice one, love it!

Mateus Carneiro said...

Men, Neil just twitt about your drawing!
"@neilhimself RT (how cool) @edkaye: Neil, you should really check out this drawing of you by artist Leigh Gallagher! http://tinyurl.com/o2g6eh"

congratulatyions!

Anonymous said...

Well, it's Neil-approved.

Leigh G said...

Greetings newbies!

Wow, thanks alot guys. Would you believe that thanks to Ed's twitter to Mr Gaiman my visitors to this site have shot from 100...to 4355!!!! Insane....

I'll enjoy it while it lasts!

L