Friday 2 November 2012

COOL STUFF AT THE UPCOMING THOUGHT BUBBLE 2012!!!


Well it's that time again for one of the BEST comic conventions around, THOUGHT BUBBLE!!!! (17th-18th Nov)

Sorry to have missed it last year due to some good mates getting married, but this time the new wife and I shall be there for some fun!

I won't have a booth this time unfortunately, BUT I do have a signing slot for both days at the 2000AD signing station at 1.50-3.20pm, with fellow 2000AD artist Simon Davis!

So we'll be signing books, and I'll see if I can fit some quick head sketches in. I also plan on eating lots of biscuits to ensure that there's crumbs everywhere to annoy Frazer Irving and Robbie Morrison sitting there after us....heh, heh, heh...

Here's the floor map of the New Dock Hall area. You can find us at tables 177-180, 2000AD signing booth "B" I believe.

I also drew a one page story for the new Thought Bubble Anthology of which all the info can be found here.

Ivan Brandon wrote a lovely little story for me that I just managed to squeeze in before my wedding, and my buddy Simon Bowland lettered it. It's on sale from 14th November in all good comic shops as well as at the convention, with all profits going to the charity Barnardo's.

COMPLETELY different style from what you're used to with me, but I think it suits the tone of the story. Here's a little preview...

FINALLY....on Saturday I'll be on the 2000AD roundtable panel discussion hosted by the lovely Megacast girls Iz and Stace!! Here's the official blurby thing:

Bury Theatre, Royal Armouries, 12.40pm – 1.30pm, free entry with Saturday/Weekend convention pass, all ages, but please note: Thought Bubble does not control panel content
Rob Williams, Simon Fraser, Simon Davis, Leigh Gallagher, Robbie Morrison – the galaxy’s greatest comic turns 35 this year & to celebrate we’ve got some of the mighty Tharg’s best art & script droids together. Guaranteed to be zarjaz!

Should be a great laugh! See you there!
L

No comments: