Friday 12 June 2009

GEEK SYNDICATE!


Ok, here's the thing....as you know, I work from home which unless you have the proper motivation (usually a deadline) can be a potential exercise in time wasting. Finding the right type of entertainment to leave on while I work has been a bit of a bugger to say the least.


Unless I have a relaxed deadline, dvds are a big no no. Recently I made the mistake of buying the full series of Battlestar Galactica and got so into it, that I'm now a few days off my schedule, and only just starting to claw back the time thanks to a couple of allnighters. (I dont regret it though--that series is bloody great!)


Radio bores the crap out of me and I can't stand it when they make pointless small talk with callers in. (I don't give a crap what you're having for dinner! And no, I don't care that it's Brenda's birthday!)


Music is getting closer, though I still give into temptation to start dancing around my room pretending to be , for example,Robert Palmer singing "Simply Irresistable" . So once again, it's a distraction.


Podcasts, I have found, tend to be the perfect medium. Comic podcasts in particular, as they talk about topics I'm genuinely interested in and I can just simply listen while I draw. I subscribe to alot of them on ITUNES ,they automatically get updated, and the best thing is that they're free!


At the very top of my podcast list is the fantastic GEEK SYNDICATE hosted by David Monteith and Barry Nugent--two genuinely nice blokes who have been best mates since childhood.


The show discusses all things geek--not just comics, but film ,tv and games. These guys are just comedy gold, and unlike other shows, there are no awkward silences, or creepy ass callers. Just wait until you hear them get into rant mode discussing the likes of the latest Smallville episode, or recounting their real life childhood experience with a wolfman in the Halloween special, or trying to sing the Queen song from Flash Gordon (episode 12)...


If I could kidnap these guys and strap them both to my head, I would. But I can't because I'd look like a freakin' idiot , so please check out their website, and/or check them out in ITUNES ( a bit of explicit content by the way, so not for young Bionicle fans) where there is currently 123 episodes to download!


GET YOUR GEEK ON NINJA!!!!
(Uhh...you'll get that if you listen to their show...)
L

No comments: