Thursday 19 July 2012

MAKING OF 2000AD'S AQUILA: BLOOD OF THE ICENI OUT NOW!!!

Hey guys, been a while I know. Had to go on internet silence for a while because of the huge workload I have to clear before getting married next month!

So, AQUILA: BLOOD OF THE ICENI had just started in 2000AD this week. It's written by Gordon "I love John Barrowman" Rennie, drawn by me, coloured by Gary "I don't know him well enough to make a funny comment" Caldwell, and lettered by my buddy Simon "likes blonde women" Bowland.

Here's a run through of a sexy, sexy page from this first episode....

Script from Gordon.

Pencils. Gotta love drawing a guy bursting out of a flaming wicker man. Just took a while to figure out how to compose the final panel. Agonised on whether to have it a "coming at you" pose or side profile....

Inks. Really happy with how it came together at this point.

And here's the lovely coloured version from Gary, and lettered by Bowland. Love the burning embers added by Gary.

That's it! You can find the story in this week's 2000AD as seen below--that git Ben Willsher bagged the lovely cover this week, but I'll get Aquila on the cover next week dammit!!! 

GET IT NOW! It's full of other great stories from a lot of my talented, but not as attractive mates!




5 comments:

Leigh G said...

Cheers Al!
Back to the grind for a few more weeks though...

Clarence said...

Yes! I like seeing behind-the-scenes peeks at media creation. Thank you for sharing.

I mentioned your page in a preview of the upcoming Prog 1793: http://redheadedmule.com/2012/07/2000-ad-prog-1793-preview/

Leigh G said...

Ah that's good of you Clarence. I appreciate the support!

Mangamax said...

Loving the strip, loving the behind the scenes stuff - keep it up!

Leigh G said...

Thanks man! I'll pimp your model on here soon!