Wednesday 18 November 2009

MORE DREDD TEASERS AND ERM...



Well I've finished my two episodes of Judge Dredd for the 2000AD Megazine, so here's some taster panels from episode two! Just working on the cover now, but it genuinely was an honour to set foot in Dredd's world. Hopefully I'll be able able to have another crack at it one day.

As soon as I know when it's getting published I'll let you know, but what I can tell you is that it'll be coloured by fantastic new colourist Abigail Ryder (who recently coloured the gorgeous Kingdom for 2000AD!)

Right...umm...I really didn't think this next item would ever be revealed to the blogging public, but a couple of months ago I did a bit of a jokey, ADULT ONLY sketch of artist extrodinaire PJ HOLDEN, only intended for a certain crowd....but it was recently released on the Eclectic Micks Artblog as punishment for PJ failing to do his day's art post....I WARN YOU IT'S ADULTS ONLY!

Speaking of PJ Holden, it's his turn to have his tiny ass pimped, so please check out his new mini series,BATTLEFIELDS: Happy Valley, written by incredible writer Garth(Preacher)Ennis, published by Dynamite. There's an article about it at CBR here! So go buy it and relieve my guilt!

L

8 comments:

hoops said...

Leigh, Those Dredd panels look fekkin fantastic!! I can't wait to see it in the Meg..Nice one, mate

Mangamax said...

"My eyes! my eyes!" Ummm, thanks for that.
All the mechanical forms the Art Droids have taken over the years, never seen one quite like that before...
Cheers for putting up the Dredd pics and good to see you've gone the Kev Walker way of a knarled Joe.
Top work.

Leigh G said...

Thanks very much guys. Definately enjoyed drawing the older looking Dredd, though sometimes his face does look too much like a scotum...

Matt Soffe said...

Nonsense! The gnarlier the better. He looks like a proper seasoned veteran. And you're doing a cover too? Can't wait man.

Mangamax said...

See, there you go again, its all so groinal :)
Waiting nervously for your version of the Lawrod...

Leigh G said...

Well it'll be great if I get this cover right! It's a bloody simple image, but I'm getting so paranoid drawing my first Dredd cover, that i've redrawn it 3 times now!

Kev Levell said...

When the world is watching, performance is always going to be tricky, but you've nothing to worry about though - Dredd is looking great in those panels... and I know the cover will be every bit as gorgeous!

Leigh G said...

The WORLD'S watching???!!!! Gaaaahhhhh!!!!!!!