Saturday 17 May 2008

Hellooooo...






Hey there! Cheers for visiting my little blog here--don't forget to wipe your feet.


I'll try and update this with bits and pieces whenever I can, but for now I'm just gonna throw a pile of my favourite pieces of work on here as an introduction.


The first of my 2 current gigs is drawing DEFOE for the fantastic British comic, 2000AD. It was created by the legendary writer, Pat Mills and myself, so whether that makes me the "mummy" or the "daddy", I don't know...


DEFOE tells the tale of a 17th century zombie hunter, Titus Defoe, set not long after the Great Fire of London. I LOVE drawing this book. The main reason being that I'm a huge fan of early black and white horror strips, like The Thirteenth Floor, and Tomb of Dracula, and Defoe takes me right back to those times.


DEFOE Book 2, Brethren of the Night is coming back to 2000AD prog 1589 in a couple of weeks. You can see the cover to this following these images from Book 1. Hope you like them!

3 comments:

Andy White said...

Hi Leigh,

Wow, some truly amazing work here. If I didn't know I'd never have guessed they were by the same artist. Really, really good composition. I followed a link from PJ Holden's blog here and I'm really glad I did. Well done you!

Leigh G said...

Cheers Andy! Working on 2 jobs with 2 completely different styles helps to recharge batteries, I find.I'm also a good dancer...
L

Anonymous said...

i think your work is amazin!!!!!hels mum