Monday 19 May 2008

JUSTICE LEAGUE UNLIMITED!!!






Justice League Unlimited is by far THE BEST SUPERHERO CARTOON EVER.I have all the dvd boxsets, and the statues have pride of place in my studio.


A couple of years ago, lovely hippy editor Michael Wright gave me a shot at pencilling the JLU. After I wet myself, I accepted this great honour and proceeded to draw the issue wearing my Superman underpants.


Here's some of my pencilled pages. The colour image is a cover I sumitted, but unfortunately was rejected as they already had a regular cover artist...
And yes, that is a man being held hostage with a STAPLER....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is rather splendid! Welcome to blogging! Like your stuff!

Alan said...

Comic artists' blog surfer - washed up on your blog via PJ Holden.

I'll say this on first impressions: You're versatile. You're talented. You're funny. Two good qualities in a blogger.

Oh, and your sister has fabulous cheek-bones. I thought your drawing would be idelaised, but no. Unfortunately, I haven't listened to her yet as I'm at work and it would be frowned upon. Surfin' comic blogs they don't mind. Go figure.

Leigh G said...

Appreciate the warm welcome guys!
And thanks for the compliments. Was a bit dubious about opening my big mouth on here as I have a tendency to put my foot in it, but we'll see how it goes...

And a big thanks to the mighty PJ Holden for sending some of his traffic my way!
L

Will Sliney said...

Great Stuff Leigh, and hell yeah JLU was one of the best shows on TV. Im praying they make a cut price boxset

Leigh G said...

Cheers buddy, and hey, I'll put in a good word with Dec to get you the boxsets for your anniversary....
L